Deciphering dress codes can be tricky.
It always seems to be a fine line between getting the look ‘just right’ and appearing overdressed or underdressed.
Luckily there’s a more relaxed attitude to fashion these days and people are less likely to wear over the top dressy outfits for a formal occasions.
That said, there are also some instances where you should strictly stick to the dress code.
Take a look at these top tips for deciphering dress codes.
1. Smart Casual
Smart casual is probably one of the most stipulated dress codes around.
Deciphering dress codes like this one is often open to interpretation.
The key is to look put-together and polished.
For women, pretty dresses and skirts are always a safe bet and if you want to wear jeans then try teaming them with something like a tailored blazer and heeled shoes.
For men, a collared shirt is usually a good idea and you can get away with wearing lighter colours.
Always lean more towards the ‘smart’ end of the scale than the ‘casual’.
- What to Wear to a Formal Event
- 7 Tips for Styling a Shirt Dress ...
- 8 Pieces of Clothing to Suit All Dress Codes ...
- 7 Modern Tips for Black Tie Dressing ...
- How to Style 👠👗 Your Little Black Dress 🖤 17 Different Ways 🔄 ...
- Affordable 💳 Websites 💻 to Shop 🛍 to Shop to Vamp up ⏫ Your Spring Wardrobe 👖👚👗 ...